In all seriousness..

Y'all, Nashville is flooding.

My first reaction, as a horrid, selfish human being, was to non-so-gently place my face in my palm and realize that this is what happens when I try to do something cool like go to Romance conferences.

My second reaction was how horrid the damage to this beautiful city is. Now, I've never visited Nashville, but I was really looking forward to it. It is a city of music, and I love music. It has a rich history and a vibrant community. @rwitherell over on Twitter posted this picture of the damage. It's awful, folks.

I've heard that now the Gaylord hotel, where the RWA Conference was to be held, is sending out cancellation notices for reservations for the Conference. While this is an inconvenience, I'm more concerned that the people of Nashville stay safe, and that the city gets back on its feet. If you're able to help, Nashville's public radio station, WPLN, has a post up on their website on ways to do so.

In the meantime, let's hope for some dry weather. And to all of my friends out there - stay safe. Please.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment