Sailing new waters..

Since this is a new blog, I thought I'd do a requisite introductory post to give you a little taste of my visions.

I may be small, but I've got GIANT plans...

I have a blog for my knitting projects, ChickyKnits, but I realized that one blog is not sufficient for my many passions. I will shortly be moving closer to Chicago and will have the great opportunity (if I have time while getting my MFA, that is) to see a bunch of amazing theatre. I have also recently started to review the insane number of books I read, which range from Sci-Fi/Fantasy, to Historical Fiction, to Romance, to Biographies. I also have a sweet tooth that likes to rear its ugly head, and when it does I become a baking fanatic. So this my opportunity to take all the ingredients that make up my crazy life and put them into one big pot. You can expect to see all kinds of reviews (theatre, film, television, books, recipes), and see pictures posted of the actual kitchen experiments I take part in.

To give you a taste, here are some photos of some of my baking experiments:

Irish Car Bombs v. 2.0

Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes, made for St Paddy's day this year - Chocolate Guinness Cake, Chocolate Whiskey Ganache filling, and Bailey's Swiss Meringue Buttercream.

Ninecakes

I often bake for the cast of the show I'm working on, and these were my "Ninecakes" - Black & White was the theme of the first act, so that was the theme for my cupcakes. Simple chocolate minis with vanilla swiss meringue buttercream, but oh so tasty! And they popped easily into mouths backstage!

Thanksgiving 2008

Last year's Thanksgiving cupcakes - Sweet Potato-Pecan cupcakes with Maple buttercream frosting. These were some of my favorites!

0 comments:

Leave a Comment