11:00am - Hour 5 (hour 2 reading)

I got started late on the Read-a-Thon because my body demanded a full night's sleep. *tsk* Silly body. Needing rest.

I started at 10am Central US with Beasts of New York by Jon Evans. One of the things I love about the Kindle is that it will tell me percentage-wise how far I am through the book. I started around 30% this morning and am now at 65%. Honestly, this has become one of my favorite books! The animal kingdom that Evans pulls us into is amazingly realistic. I will never look at a squirrel the same way again! If you haven't been to his website to grab the book, you should do so.

I'm not sure if I'm going to read any of the other Feedbooks books I downloaded for today, what with the reading this afternoon and all, but if I do, I will be sure to post them here!

Despite starting late, I thought I'd post the first meme from the day. Since it's kind of a "getting to know you" thing. ;)

Where are you reading from today?
My apartment! I have a comfy loveseat that I've been using this morning, and may bring in some pillows to sprawl on the floor later.

3 facts about me
(these will be kind of random)
1. I love Mexican food - REAL Mexican food.
2. I will probably read less today than I have on non-read-a-thon days, which makes me giggle when I think about it.
3. I am more excited that I've given my friends an opportunity to read more than they would have by inviting them to join me than I am about the reading I will do myself.

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
I am not anticipating going through more than 2 or 3 books today. At the top of my list I have Beasts of New York, after which I will probably read Indiscreet by Carolyn Jewel, then Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. If I still have time after that, I will most likely move on to either some Oz books, or dig into my HUGE TBR Romance pile!

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
My goal is to have fun. :)

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time?
This is my first time! Yay!!

See you in an hour!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
October 24, 2009 at 12:37 PM

I hope you are having a great time. You definitely have the right attitude. TO HAVE FUN!!! Keep updating.

SonomaLass said...
October 24, 2009 at 2:51 PM

I feel all warm-fuzzy-proud that you are such a reader! Acorns and trees and all that.

I can't wait to hear what you think of Indiscreet.

I'm glad you are taking the time to do this -- it will be a good mental health day!

Leave a Comment