Read-a-Thon!

Dewey's 24 hour Read-a-Thon begins tomorrow at 7am my time! First, I want to thank everyone who passed on recommendations. Not all of them made it to my short list, but they are on my future to-read list. I'm pretty excited, but bummed that this week was so busy that I won't be able to read for the entire day. Too much to do! But to make up for it, I've put a little twist on my Read-a-Thon!

I've asked my theatre friends to come for tea with a script that they've always wanted to read out loud. It might be awkward with only one copy, but we'll see. I've also asked people to bring books too if they want to sit down and just read stuff next to me. I have no idea what will happen! This will be a fun experiment and my fail miserably, but that's okay. :)

The plan so far is to wake up at 7am, make some morning tea, check out the blogs so far, and get to reading Beasts of New York by Jon Evans. It's the free eBook that got a bit of buzz last week when it was announced that it would be going into print production for 2010! Go Jon! It will very likely be the first review I post.

Also on my "for sure" list is Indiscreet by Carolyn Jewel. I love Carolyn's work, especially her regency romances, so I am looking forward to this one. My mother recommended it, and usually when my mother recommends something I like it (but not always).

For the play reading, I am very very tempted by some Christopher Durang I have laying around. I also have some David Ives I haven't touched in a while. But I have no Rich Orloff, who would be a fabulous addition - I have a fondness for 10-minute comedies, obviously.

Hopefully much of this will get blogged. I am putting aside as much as I can for Sunday, even if it means going to bed before the 7am mark. I will be cheering as much as possible as well, and so should you! Check out the list of blogs on the website and pay everyone a cheery visit!

0 comments:

Leave a Comment