24 Hour Read-a-thon

After discussing with some of my friends, I have decided to join Dewey's 24-hour Read-a-Thon! Because I am a nerd and also because I have an interesting idea I am excited to use for it. This idea being the sharing of books and thoughts on books. I have spoken to some of my friends offline and they are going to JOIN ME in my quest! None of them will be participating for the full 24 hours, but it will be like I am on my own personal quest and they are coming to lend their support for a while. :) It will also force me to take a break to make tea and such, and I am hoping that some interesting tales will develop as well. There is, of course, the expected outcome that we will all come away with a longer book list, and that we may get more talking done than reading. But my favorite part of literature is the sharing of thoughts and ideas.

Now I get to make a list of which books I want to read for the Read-a-Thon. Suggestions are welcome! As I compile it, I will post it here. :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...
October 15, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Fun food-related ideas would be Tony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential, or The Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas.

CupK8 said...
October 23, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Thanks for the recommendations! :D

Leave a Comment